Due to its location, the Borderplex enjoys an unparalleled position that provides direct access to the North American market, one of the largest in the world. Its highway system provides direct access from Central America to Canada and both to US coasts. It offers superb rail connectivity to ports on the west coast and the Gulf of Mexico via the Union Pacific and the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railways. Commercial air service is available via three international airports and international passenger service through the El Paso International Airport, less than an hour’s drive from most metropolitan areas on the US side.
The Borderplex offers a competitive operating environment due to its business friendly state, county and local governments. Union membership is less than 2% and comparative business costs are well below national averages. The workforce is young and growing, with an average age of 34.6. On the US side, the Borderplex is home to 11 university and college campuses with enrollments in excess of 90,000. There are a number of university and technical campuses in Ciudad Juarez that add to this workforce pipeline.
In the Borderplex you’ll find the Right Space for:
- Manufacturing & Logistics due to our location and transportation systems;
- Aerospace due to the proximity to Spaceport America, the UAS Flight Test Center and Whites Sands Test Facility;
- Renewable Energy projects due to plenty of open space and 340 days of sunshine;
- Technology due to our research university and the technology assets of the region;
- Business & Financial Services due to our low business costs and bilingual population;
- Value-added Agriculture due to the long growing season and varied crop production in the Rio Grande Valley; and
- Digital Media due to our university and community college training programs.
Call us today to discover more about the many advantages of the Borderplex. We’ll help you make the Right Decision about expanding here.